Thursday, December 13, 2012

Levity

There are a few things that absolutely calm me. My kids humor - intentional or unintentional - is always a welcome change from the rat race that I have found to be my reality. I can walk through the door with a day's worth of baggage and stress and I hear Ashton say, "Mommy's home" and it all melts away. At least for a moment.

This week has been extra comedic.

Sidney's contract to (not with) her brother - which I am sure he could not read - stating that his signature indebted him to her if a ransom was not paid. Of course he signed on the line. He can write his name - why wouldn't he sign?

Ashton's newly found love for engineering - crafting a pulley system that lowers down objects that he's too lazy to carry down the stairs. Said pulley system is made from a finger knitted scarf that is about 12 feet long - Sidney's summer camp project.

The declaration of "life being a disappointment" by the nine year old who feels the need to give the six year old a hearty dose of reality.

A "student of the week" picture with the principal, certificate and pennant tucked away in a backpack waiting to be uncovered. When asked why Ashton didn't come forward with the news, he simply responded, "I wanted to surprise you Mommy."

Sidney asking me how much money I make and actually expecting a response.

...this is what makes my world go round - and keeps a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment