Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Reflections

It's that time of year. Not a time to project what the new year will bring, what resolutions I will make and break, but rather to reflect what I have experienced. 2012 has proven to be a rebuilding year. Personally and professionally. Rebuilding certainly brings challenge. But, it also can yield reward.



I've learned...when one door closes, another one opens. But, walk cautiously because you don't know what is on the other side until you are through it.

I've learned...my circle is small. Tight. And, that's the way I like it.

I've learned...even "food poisoning" can be funny in the company of good friends and it never gets old talking about it.

I've learned...fourth grade homework is work - even with a college degree.

I've learned...you can find friends in unlikely places - embracing a new relationship while exposing potential vulnerabilities leads to rich experiences.

I've learned...my heart is in service. Not the rat race.

I've learned...setting a goal and achieving it is quite possibly one of the most rewarding feelings a person can have.

I've learned...my kids are flipping hysterical and not a day goes by that they haven't made me laugh.

I've learned...while time heals, it's never fast enough.

I've learned...you only go around once. Make the most of it. Carpe Diem.

I've learned...self control is easier said than done. Especially while being a spectator at my kids' games.

I've learned...sunshine can be found in any situation. Sometimes you just have to dig to uncover it.

I've learned...there's nothing "half" about a half marathon.

Here's to 2013. May it be filled with health and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment