Friday, October 3, 2014

Marriage and Kids

I recently came across an article that made me stop and think. I have read it three times and I am sure I will read it three more. The title, "How American Parenting Is Killing the American Marriage." How could this not stop you in your tracks? I do not buy into every aspect of the article as if it were gospel. I do believe, however, that there is validity to the overall premise. And, I will be the first to admit that I fall into this category. Yep, I said it. Right or wrong, my kids are the priority in life. After all, they are 8 and 11 - how can they not be? That is not to say that I do not have a life outside of them, but I do take my role as their mother, caregiver and protector very seriously. I suppose potential fallout or reward for making that decision has yet to be seen.

How American Parenting Is Killing the American Marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment