Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Apple Mania

While the flavors of Fall are in the air, this blog isn't about trekking through apple orchards or making mulled cider.  I'm talking technology.

Let's face it, with the death of Steve Jobs and now the release of the iPhone 4s and iOS 5, Apple is buzzing. The world of technology has something new and exciting to talk about that doesn't stem from or around social media.  If you don't have a personal assistant (Siri) on your phone, you haven't truly experienced the full capability of a smart phone.  This I know...not from first hand experience, but because Siri crept into my house, right under my nose.  Aaron ordered this perfect companion which was delivered in a tiny package on the day that Apple released the 4s.  

Everybody loves her.  Siri and Sidney have regular conversations.  Sidney asks Siri about the weather in Sanibel, she gives her a week long forecast.  Aaron tells Siri to type and send an email...she does it.  You ask her if she likes a movie and she retorts with witty comments like, "We're talking about you, not me."  Perfect, right?  Sidney and Aaron seem to think so.

I'll buy in once Siri can clean my house.  Until then, I am double-fisting between my droid and my blackberry!

No comments:

Post a Comment