Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Spirit

I don't find myself tearing off links on a paper chain counting down to All Hallows' Evening.  I do, however, particularly enjoy watching my kids' faces light up as they prepare to embark on their journey to collect their loot. 

This year Sidney decided that she was old enough to trick-or-treat on her own with her friend Sydnie.  "Sydnie is more fun than you guys."  Okay, thanks!  It took me days to arrive at a decision that ultimately let her go to Sydnie's and claim this new found independence.  That was a milestone in our Halloween history!

Ashton and I stayed the course...grabbed his friend, Anuj, my friend Aarthi and hit the streets.  We had a good time together, but admittedly was a little strange that Sidney wasn't with us. 

I survived...  Sidney had a great time.  Came home with a gluttonous pile of candy.  A notch in her belt of self-proclaimed autonomy.  A joyous occasion for her...a view from a different lens for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment