Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Baby Momma

Sunday afternoon the family ventured to Aurora Farms to make returns, use gift cards and squeeze one more thing into an already jam-packed day.

Everyone got something - consider the day a success. I got a new leather laptop bag and a huge laugh from Wilson's Leather. As I was checking out, Aaron was standing next to me and the kids were touching everything on the counter. I am paying no attention to the cashier other than to transact and get my  two misfits out of the store! When I looked up she looked at me and asked (very sincerely I might add!) "Is your hair naturally blonde?" It threw me for a loop. Um, come again? Blonde? No. You see me standing right in front of you, right? I responded politely and curiously, "No, I am not a blonde...." The next question out of her mouth was the jaw-dropper. "Are those your kids?" Yep, sure are - those are my kids. I promise I didn't find them at a store and shop-lift them out from under their blonde parents! "I was blonde as a child, hence my blonde kids."

People never cease to amaze me. Or, fail to entertain me!

No comments:

Post a Comment