Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines Day

Valentines Day - I only celebrate when forced. Meaning, kids events. Ashton has a party and Sidney has a dance. The party should be a walk in the park. I am responsible for paper products and whipped cream for sundaes. Ashton will be thrilled that his mom will actually be at a party - aka: he doesn't have to ride the bus home! The dance on the other hand....it's been a thorn in the side for the past week.

My little tomboy who wears dresses only at weddings took the stance that she would be wearing jeans and a t-shirt to her "Dress your best" Valentines dance. That all changed the minute I hopped on a plane for a business trip. My daily check-in phone call turned into, "Mom, I want a dress for the Valentines dance." Awesome! I'm out of the state and you decide now that you want a dress. Great! "Dad will have to take you." Well, Dad didn't ended up taking Sidney, Nina did and she ended up with a shirt not a dress. Whatever...if that's what she wants, great! That decision was replaced by buyer's remorse within 36 hours. All the meanwhile, I was stuck in Atlanta with all of the winter wrath that hit the eastern seaboard. Stores, restaurants, business, flights, roads - all closed. State of emergency issued, no one moves. No one. 

I made it home, 36 hours later than anticipated. Turned on my phone upon landing only to receive a multitude of texts from Sidney - all asking me to buy her a dress. I venture to the mall - buy two dresses and a blazer so she would have options. After she put them on she informs me she is just going to wear jeans and the shirt she bought with Nina. Un, no, you're not. Game over. The crazy came out and I legislated she was wearing the dress and would provide me photographic evidence at the dance that it was worn. Oh, happy day! Can't wait to see the pictures from the dance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment