Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Bird

People who know me well, know that I absolutely do not like birds.  They are creepy, dirty and most recently have "struck" an airplane which caused major delays for me in my recent travels.  I don't like them...just in case you wondered.

That being said, this story has nothing to do with birds that make me stop in my tracks.  This has to do with the bird that flew in my backseat yesterday evening.

I was half-way listening to a conversation between Sidney and Ashton about bad words.  Sidney kept saying, "Yes, I know Ashton, you can't say bad words."  Well, apparently Ashton was telling Sidney that he learned that the middle finger was a bad word and you shouldn't do that.  However, he felt the need to demonstrate. 

My head turned around so quickly and I'm fairly certain that I may have even sustained whip-lash as a result!  "Ashton, where did you learn that?"  ...silence.  "Ashton, where did you learn that?"  "My friend Carter taught me that.  But, he said it was bad so don't do it."  "Well, then why did you just do it?"  "I needed to show Sidney so she wouldn't do it." 

These kids.  I don't think I learned that until at least Jr. High, so it's shocking to me that my four year old already knows "what not to do with your middle finger."  I guess this will just add to the collection of grey hairs I am accumulating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment