Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Evening...In a Nutshell

Me:  "Ashton, what are you doing?"
Ashton:  "Making fart sounds with my armpit."
Me:  "Well, that's pretty disgusting since you are still eating."
Ashton:  "If I had water on my hands it would sound a lot better."
This was part of tonight's dinner conversation.

Sidney:  "Ashton, don't leave the toilet seat up!  I just fell in!"
Ashton:  "She fell in what?"
Me:  "The toilet, Buddy.  She fell in the toilet!"
Ashton:  "Why?"
This dilemma starts early in life and continues through adulthood...Sidney has no idea!

Me:  "Sidney, we need to start your insect report that is due Friday.  Any idea what insect you want to write about?"
Sidney:  "Yes!  The dung beetle.  It eats poop!"
...winner, winner chicken dinner!  We started the report on the dung beetle this evening!

Ashton:  "Mommy, your eyes are really blue."
Me:  "So are yours, Buddy.  You got your blue eyes from me."
Ashton:  "No, I didn't.  I came with my own eyes."
Deep conversation while swinging in the backyard - spider style!

I definitely had quality time with the kids tonight...these conversations put a smile on my face at the end of a long day!  Funny isn't it? How is it that dung beetles and toilet seats that are left up make your day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment