Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Marry Me

"Ashton's Mom!  Ashton's Mom!  Ashton's Mom!"  These are the words that rang out as Ashton & I entered his preschool classroom at daycare this morning.  Each time the beckon for attention became louder. 

"Yes, Alyssa?"

"I'm going to MARRY Ashton!  I love him!"

For a split second my mind rushed back to Father of the Bride.  You know, the part where Steve Martin visualizes his grown daughter as a young child informing him that she is getting married?  This scene at daycare would have fit like a glove into that movie!


"Wow, really?  You're going to marry, Ashton, huh?"  Alyssa's face lit up and her smile took over the room.  "Yep, and I can't wait!"  "Well that's good, Alyssa.  See you tomorrow."

Little Alyssa...I can definitely wait for that day.  Hopefully I won't be like Steve Martin, though, when the day comes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment