Monday, May 16, 2011

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things
I cannot change
The Courage to change the 
things I can
And the Wisdom to know the difference.
For many years, I thought that this prayer was just a nice saying.  Maybe even a bit cliche.  Typically this piece is spayed all over plaques, knick-knacks and cheap artwork.  It tends to lose it's value.

In the past several months, it has become very real to me.  I am a control freak, mostly.  And, when I don't have control of things that I believe I should, it eats me alive.  Quite literally.  I have begun to realize that I have to focus on what can be changed and letting the rest go.  

A very valuable life lesson to learn...and a tough one, for sure.  At least for a control freak like me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment