Friday, July 15, 2011

New Beginnings

Typically a new beginning is indicative of something ending.  Today marks an ending for me - professionally speaking.  I am moving on from my current career and company after four years of employment.

My four years have brought more than just employment.  I created some very tight friendships.  Learned more than I ever thought possible.  Became involved in organizations that I had never heard of, but now, cannot imagine not being a part of them.  Leaned on my colleagues for personal support.  Provided support.  Had some interesting conversations - particularly those that were a part of a Monday morning production meeting.  Quickly learned that there is a reason (and a very good one) to have alcohol on the premises at work.  Teamed with a group of great minds to produce clever ideas.  Became a part of the solution.  Learned to speak "engineer."  Mastered international calling.  Interpreted international English.  Realized that clients are incredible educators.  Understood the value of paper trails - or in this day & age - email threads.   Helped perpetuate the idea that comedy is the tie that binds...and not to skimp on it, no matter the circumstance.  Appreciated the daily lesson of patience being a virtue, and it is not one of my strengths. 

I have gleaned much from this experience.  And, while it's a chapter that's closing, it has set the stage for another chapter to open.  I look fondly on my past four years and look to the future with great excitement. 

Cheers to my colleagues and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment