Monday, July 18, 2011

Rest

Rest, sleep and relaxation seems to be something that I never get enough of...much like most people.  I found it to be particularly interesting that Sunday's message at church was entirely about rest.  And, it's importance.

Most folks know (religious or not) that there is a day of rest that should be observed during the week.  Typically, for Christian based religions, this day of rest is thought to be Sunday.  And, generally speaking few do it.  I'm certainly a guilty party.

The overarching theme of the "rest message" was that there should be one day out of the week or time each day that is set aside for rest.  There was a particular saying that struck a chord with me, "If you do not rest in life, you'll have no 'rest of life'."  I've swirled that around my head a few times in the past 24 hours.  My conclusion:  isn't that the truth? 

More often than not, the days (and nights) are jam-packed with "stuff" and there is no time for rest.  Not mentally.  Not emotionally.  Not physically.  I have my fair share of days, walking around as a ticking time bomb without stopping to think why.  ....my fuse is short, my capacity is limited and I'm sucked dry. 

It's time to work rest into the schedule, I suppose.  I'll be sure to set a calendar reminder for it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment