Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Betty Crocker

Something that I love to do is bake.  I used to do it a lot more frequently than I do now.  In fact, I cannot point to the last time that I baked.  But, it's on my agenda for the weekend. 

One of the folks on my team is notorious for bringing in baked goods.  I love it when he comes up to my desk and sees me about to pound a pack of smarties and says, "Wait!  Don't eat that...try this."  It's always some fabulous bakery item that his wife carefully prepared.  I love it!  Today's tasty treat was a snickerdoodle bar.  Sheer bliss is what it should be called.  He shared the recipe with me.  The plan is to make it over the long weekend. 

I'm passing it along for your baking (really eating) enjoyment.  Spread the love in the form of a block of calories!

Snickerdoodle Bars

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

2 cups packed brown sugar

1 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended.  (The recipe didn’t call for it, but I also mixed about a tablespoon of cinnamon into the batter before I put it in the pan) Spread evenly in prepared pan. Combine white sugar and cinnamon in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool and cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment