Saturday, February 26, 2011

Is It Summer Yet?

I'm skipping right over spring and moving to summer. I am so done with winter. The piles of snow. Frigid temperatures. Scrambling in the mornings that school is cancelled. Boots, winter gear, dirty floors! I am good with winter...right around Christmas. After that point, I'm good. Let's move on.

I can only imagine how fantastic the hot, bright sun will be. The blooming flowers and trees. The strawberries and raspberries that keep the kids fingers and faces stained a dark red for the duration of the summer. The many failed attempts to plant corn with the pipe dream that this will be the year that it actually grows. Fresh markets, a cocktail on the patio. Running outside as early or as late as in would like. A trip to visit my Dad. A week at the beach.

Sweet summer...you keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment