Friday, February 4, 2011

Incredible Family

I've always known how close my family was.  At least I thought I did.  Wednesday evening I learned our true strength, together as one unit.

As we stood at the bedside of my Granddad, we joined hands and we prayed.  We thanked God for giving us such a wonderful Husband, Father, Granddad and Great Granddad.  We thanked God for all of the years we had to learn from him.  We thanked God for the guidance Granddad gave us.  We thanked God for all of the love he shared with us.  We thanked God for the influence he had and for the leader of the family he was. 

We cried, we held his hands and we prayed.  We told him that we were giving him back to God so he could be whole again.  This was the hardest thing we had to do.  To let go.  To give him back.

Thursday morning he left this world for his new life in Heaven. 

We've cried.  We've held hands.  We've prayed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment