Monday, March 7, 2011

The Frog

A very good friend of mine, Terry, who passed away three years ago always used to say, "Don't stare at the frog too long before you swallow it.".

I had never heard that phrase until I met her. I haven't heard it since she passed. Its such a interesting analogy and priceless piece of advice all rolled into one powerful punch.

There have been a few "frogs" that I have been staring down for a while. I finally have come to the realization, or maybe I have accepted that if these things are not positively impacting me or my family, it's time to swallow them. Deal with them and move on.

Terry was always a no-nonsense type of person. That is what made her successful in her career, and invaluable as a friend.

Terry, it's time for some frog legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment