Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Aromatherapy

My favorite smell is that of the beach.  The ocean and air come together to make a magical fragrance that instantaneously puts me at ease.  It's like crack, only legal!  There's nothing like it.

Since it's the dead of winter, I certainly miss the beach now more than ever.

I am a beachaholic.  Lover of the sun, sand and surf.  It's the place I can go and completely unwind.  Living in NE Ohio isn't exactly conducive to my addiction, but that doesn't stop me from planning my next trip.

We are heading back to Sanibel Island, Florida this summer.  Lucky for me my dad lives there and I have a mandatory trip to the beach as a result.  ...have to visit Dad, right?  The planning has started, the reminiscing and the fantasizing.  Oh, to have a day at the beach right right now.  Ashton is ready to catch his next fish.  Sidney is ready to spend a week in the water.  Aaron & I are ready to kick back, enjoy my family and take advantage of island time. 

Dad teaching Ashton how to use the cast net  

Catching her breath before she disappears under the water


The shelling on Sanibel is incredible also.  I've never seen such a variety of shells in one place.  Lucky for me, I have the benefit of a local "shell-master" (also known as Renee) to show me the ropes of shelling and fill me in on exactly what it is I am finding. 

 Sanibel Shell Guide

Enjoy this little piece of paradise...for me it is truly my ultimate Sunshine & Lollipops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment