Monday, January 24, 2011

Life

There are so many quotes associated with the word life.  Life's a beach.  Life sucks.  If life gives your lemons, make lemonade.  ...I can go on & on.

What I know is that life is precious.

I have been reminded of this in various ways through various people--two of which who have impacted me.  One is a Sunday school friend, Tricia, from long ago.  The other is my Grandfather, hereto referred to as Granddad.

What I am not going to do here is go into a dissertation about their stories.  That defeats the purpose of a blog.  What I will do is tell you that their life experiences have influenced my outlook on life.  Indefinitely.

You can read about Tricia's story on her blog:  http://www.teachingtuckandty.blogspot.com/  The month of January will break your heart.  Open your eyes.  Give you perspective.  She lost her husband suddenly just two days before Christmas with two children at home.  Life certainly doesn't seem fair.


My 90 year old Granddad fights for breath everyday.  You see, he has congestive heart failure and is in a terminal stage with it.  There is no getting better.  There is surviving this until it takes him.  That is the reality of the situation.  Assisting in my grandparents estate planning, helping organize Hospice care and watching my husband spend his free time helping them with home improvements to make his care easier are all blaring reminders of what life has become for him. 

Granddad on his 90th birthday along with his 3 great grandchildren


Life is a lot of things.  Mainly it is to be cherished.

No comments:

Post a Comment