Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sending My Little Man to "Kindergarten"

Notice how "Kindergarten" is in quotes.  That's because we are sending Ashton to practice Kindergarten in the Fall.

But, please, don't tell Ashton or the school.  The teacher would serve my head up on a platter if she knew that I am thinking this way. 

Ashton's birthday is at the end of August, so he misses the cut-off for entrance to attend public school.  I wish I could say that I was upset about this.  But, the truth be told, I'm not.  I am not ready to put my little blonde bombshell on a school bus and bid him farewell as he enters the school-age era.

He's my baby and certainly kindergarten cannot be a reality for him already.

The wrestling match of "what to do with him" next year came to an end this week.  We are enrolling Ashton in private school.  He needs to be challenged, but isn't ready for the public school experience...yet.  So, come August, my baby will be putting on a uniform and heading to the classroom as a big boy...as a Kindergartener.

It's likely he will repeat kindergarten in 2012 (real kindergarten), so for now, I am referring to this experience as practice kindergarten. 

It will be great practice for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment