Monday, January 31, 2011

Shortage of Sunshine

Today is a day that I would like to have hit the fast forward button on.  It was full of worry and anticipation and ended with unexpected news.

Granddad's health has taken a nose dive within a 24 hour time span.  I just spent the weekend with my family.  With my grandparents.  With my out of state family.  He had a rough week, but by Sunday he seemed to be somewhat better.  This afternoon I'm told he's incoherent has overly laborious breathing and has been catheterized.  Tomorrow he will likely be moved into the hospice floor of the hospital.

There are so many emotions I have, as does my family.  Too many to try to capture in this post.

My sunshine is scarce today.  My prayer for my family is that joy will come in the morning.

Psalm 30:5
...weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment