Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Monday Evening Dinner Conversation

Dinner time in our household is always an adventure.  Be it the kids telling us about their day, or Ashton refusing to eat at a normal pace or Sidney starting the "what" game...it's always eventful.

Last night we went through the usual rounds of the "how's,"what's" and "why's" of the day.  When it was Aaron's 'turn' to speak (it's rare that he & I ever get to engage in actual conversation at dinner) he told us that he was nominated for an Expy Award and was one of five finalist.  The announcement came out of nowhere--this was the first I had ever heard of it.  Aaron is great for holding on to information and releasing it at his leisure.  He explained to us that he had been nominated for the "Best Mentor" award and would be featured in CBC Magazine as a result.  On March 30th the winner will be selected at a luncheon where "if I am free I can attend."  Thanks for the invite and the insight!  I have become very accustomed to uncovering information this way so while I was surprised and delighted at his news, I was not surprised that this is how he broke it.

After all of the congratulatory rhetoric was offered, Sidney spoke up and said, "Do you think that you can get them to give you $4,000 for this award?"

Hmmm...looks like the mentoring is as effective at home as it is at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment